How to find a hidden folder

Keep your information away from prying eyes or kids who may accidentally modify or delete your files.

How to find a hidden folder

Postby dennisrhidalgo » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 pm

I need help in finding folders in my time-capsule that I hid using invisiblefile from another computer.

Using my main laptop I hid two folders in my home time-capsule. Every time I needed them, I had not troubles in accessing them through invisiblefile. But that laptop is now being repaired, and I am using a loan to which I have installed invisiblefile. And though this application runs well here too, I can neither find nor open the two folders I hid in my timecapsule using the invisiblefile application in the previous laptop.

So, my question is, using the same password, can I access a folder that I had hidden using invisiblefile from another computer? If so, how? Otherwise, what are my options in finding and opening those folders, which contain important and sensitive information?
dennisrhidalgo
Beignner
Beignner

Re: How to find a hidden folder

Postby admin » Wed May 22, 2013 2:35 am

use terminal app under applications/utility
example, you have invisible abc folder under /Users folder
1)cd /Users
2)mv .abc abc
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dennisrhidalgo » Thu May 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for your message. But I am not making sense. Sorry for my ignorance. Could you explain further?
dennisrhidalgo
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 am

which step blocks you?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mariojdeangelis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:25 pm

I have the same issue - where my old mac took a dump, and i have a new one, and i used an external drive with invisifile - and so when i plug in external drive i connot find my hudden files and invisifile will not find them also. I have the newest mavericks, so what exactly do i need to type to show these files - my drive name is fujitsu, so please be specific on how to access this, as the files are on the drive directly, thank you so much for your help
mariojdeangelis
Beignner
Beignner

Postby skylerbartel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:32 am

Some time ago I buy an iPhone 8 for me. Then after some time, I start using iMessage app and I also downloaded iMessage app in my PC from https://imessageonpcfree.com/. I hide my app, Now I was unable to find My folder and Now it is locked on my PC also. What to do now ??
skylerbartel
Beignner
Beignner

Return to InvisibleFile for MAC OS