Seagate GoFlex Home

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Seagate GoFlex Home

Postby hankhandsome » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:06 pm

hi,

there are a few mentions of this drive on this forum, but they all tend to assume a level of networking knowledge that I don't have, or they tell the person to find someone else who does know about port forwarding e.t.c., but that's not possible for me either ..

I'm trying to access this drive remotely through my iPhone and having no luck at all.

Locally, via WiFi at home, it sees it as the uPnP drive no problem and I can access it. Externally, though, nothing seems to work.

If I go to this page to test port forwarding on the device ..

http://support.goflexhome.hipserv.com/e ... rward.html

i get .

Port 22 (Support): This port is open / accessible from the internet.
Port 443 (Secure Web access): This port is open / accessible from the internet.
Port 80 (Web access): This port is open / accessible from the internet.

So if I add the device using the external IP it gave me, as well as the login details, nothing happens - it shows as "unknown media server" and when i press it, it just sits there.

if I go to the GoFlex setup menu and open "Lan Connection" and choose Manual IP Address, do I enter the external IP that the GoFlex gives me into the "Gateway" field ?

I tried entering it in to the "server IP address" and ended up having to re-flash the firmware as i couldn't access the drive at all !!. So i thought i'd ask about the gateway field first :)

any clues would be most welcome, thankyou
hankhandsome
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Seagate GoFlex Home

Postby admin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:31 pm

we suggest you to learn about this firstly, as open port will make your local network has security issue.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Seagate GoFlex Home

Postby hankhandsome » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:49 am

Lovely .. :roll:
hankhandsome
Beignner
Beignner

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]