Subtitle is not working

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

Subtitle is not working

Postby svfreitas » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi,

The Subtitles are not displayed in airplayer, I am using the Mezzmo media server and it works fine in my Samsung TV.
The .srt file is in the same directory of the video file, with the same name and UTF-8 encoded.

From Mezzmo support :

" When you add your video files into your Mezzmo library and you have matching external subtitle files in the same folder, then Mezzmo will find these and add them into the Mezzmo database. When you stream the video file to your DLNA device, Mezzmo server will tell your DLNA device that there is an SRT file available and your DLNA will then request it (if it supports playing external subtitle files)."

In the Airplayer file browser only the video file appears.

Airplayer is compatible with Mezzmo?

Thanks
Sergio
svfreitas
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Subtitle is not working

Postby admin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:40 am

svfreitas wrote:Hi,

The Subtitles are not displayed in airplayer, I am using the Mezzmo media server and it works fine in my Samsung TV.
The .srt file is in the same directory of the video file, with the same name and UTF-8 encoded.

From Mezzmo support :

" When you add your video files into your Mezzmo library and you have matching external subtitle files in the same folder, then Mezzmo will find these and add them into the Mezzmo database. When you stream the video file to your DLNA device, Mezzmo server will tell your DLNA device that there is an SRT file available and your DLNA will then request it (if it supports playing external subtitle files)."

In the Airplayer file browser only the video file appears.

Airplayer is compatible with Mezzmo?

Thanks
Sergio

We haven't tested subtitle feature with mezzmo, but if they provide the subtitle file as a text item, or the subtitle file path is encoded the same as the video file, we can support it for sure.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby svfreitas » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:41 am

Hi,

I read here in this forum some very similar issues related to subtitles and all the time the response is "it should works with airplayer".
Looks like Mezzmo is working because my Samsung TV works fine with it and I already know several devices that work with Mezzmo.
So I think the problem is in the Airplayer, as several guys have the same problem with different media servers.

Are we going to have any patch for this issue? Mezzmo has a trial version, it would be simple to download it, test it and see the problem.

Thanks
Sergio
svfreitas
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 am

svfreitas wrote:Hi,

I read here in this forum some very similar issues related to subtitles and all the time the response is "it should works with airplayer".
Looks like Mezzmo is working because my Samsung TV works fine with it and I already know several devices that work with Mezzmo.
So I think the problem is in the Airplayer, as several guys have the same problem with different media servers.

Are we going to have any patch for this issue? Mezzmo has a trial version, it would be simple to download it, test it and see the problem.

Thanks
Sergio

We will download and check it for sure :) and will feedback you here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby flexflip » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:46 am

Same issue here.

TwonkyServer
Video:
somevideo.avi
Subs:
somevideo.srt (UTF-8)

The subs are not available in AirPlayer (iPad2)

Playback of the .avi is great by the way.
flexflip
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Dmax76 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Hello

I just bought airplayer and made it run perfectly with serviio. Now the only issue is as descriped above. .srt subs is not regonized by airplayer. All subs work great on my Samsung tv and are stored in same folder as the movie file and with the same name.

Any idea on how to make this work?!

Thanks for a great app!!! :)

Dennis
Dmax76
Beignner
Beignner

Postby mbatista » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:01 am

Same problem with Buffalo NAS and Twonky media server... Any solution?!
mbatista
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 am

mbatista wrote:Same problem with Buffalo NAS and Twonky media server... Any solution?!

Currently our suggestion is to use embedded subtitles.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]