Why I can't open network streaming?

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Why I can't open network streaming?

Postby admin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

Most websites' video can't be opened because they don't allow third party app to access their resources.
But if you are accessing the streaming setup by yourself, and it not works, try to enable/disable ffmpeg or auto select demux in the setting page.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why I can't open network streaming?

Postby nucloid » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:38 pm

I bought a seagate go flex which is supposed to support streaming to the ipad and iphone. apple recommends Oplayer for non-mp4 files -- i can't figure out how to initiate streaming to your player.
help! thanks. cheers.
nucloid
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:00 am

If
nucloid wrote:I bought a seagate go flex which is supposed to support streaming to the ipad and iphone. apple recommends Oplayer for non-mp4 files -- i can't figure out how to initiate streaming to your player.
help! thanks. cheers.

You can use AirPlayer to streaming videos if it supports DLNA/UPnP.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nucloid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 am

Seagate go flex has a short video that says if you don't want to convert your videos to mp4, use oplayer ... what is Air Player?
nucloid
Beignner
Beignner

Postby nucloid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 am

From a review elsewhere on the web (independent)

"Another bummer is how picky the Satellite app is about what video file formats it plays. In fact, very little of my movie collection would play on the drive. Luckily, this is an easy workaround: you can either transcode videos into a format the iPad finds palatable using something like Handbrake; or you can use a third-party app like OPlayer HD (Lite version here), which plays all kinds of video file formats that are otherwise unplayable on the iPad (I preferred the latter approach, because it meant I didn’t have to have two different files — one for the iPad, one for playing on the big screen — of the same movie)."

so someone (not oplayer or seagate) has figured out how to make it work.
nucloid
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 am

nucloid wrote:From a review elsewhere on the web (independent)

"Another bummer is how picky the Satellite app is about what video file formats it plays. In fact, very little of my movie collection would play on the drive. Luckily, this is an easy workaround: you can either transcode videos into a format the iPad finds palatable using something like Handbrake; or you can use a third-party app like OPlayer HD (Lite version here), which plays all kinds of video file formats that are otherwise unplayable on the iPad (I preferred the latter approach, because it meant I didn’t have to have two different files — one for the iPad, one for playing on the big screen — of the same movie)."

so someone (not oplayer or seagate) has figured out how to make it work.

this is what i have googled for your reference:

"However, using the $5 OPlayer HD iPad app, I was able to play media files in any format on my iPad. OPlayer can recognise and play a wide variety of files and links to the GoFlex through http streaming – typing in any web address in its own built-in browser opens up the GoFlex interface."
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]