Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Re: Oplayer and GoFlex Satellite

Postby mdillow » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:57 am

I can get as far as selecting a movie but then it loads and the only thing i see is a music note. no picture no sound, just the music note. Any suggestions?
mdillow
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Viajero » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi,

First off I was very happy with the Oplayer until now (full paid for version for Ipad2). I use it with my IPad2 to stream movies from the Goflex Satellite (GS)... but here is my problem, really a showstopper:

My GS came in with the original basic firmware, the 1.1.0.005a from July 2011. And everything was working fine with my Ipad2 OPlayer app. I connect to the GS data through the OPlayer browser.

But then I decided to update my GS with the latest firmware, the 1.3.5.015 from March this year (which allegedly allows for more battery life, passthrough internet wifi connection etc etc the dog´s bollocks)... and then now after firmware update and for some reason I can not see the complete titles of my movies, only the first few letters. Since most of my movies are named with a the year they were made of first I only see a bunch of "200....." etc or the first few letters of the movie title which makes impossible for me to identtify those movies among hundreds of them in my list....

I have tried looking for settings that allow me to view the complete movie title to no avail. Please help! II am not even sure I can revert to the original firmware anymore!
Viajero
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:08 am

Viajero wrote:Hi,

First off I was very happy with the Oplayer until now (full paid for version for Ipad2). I use it with my IPad2 to stream movies from the Goflex Satellite (GS)... but here is my problem, really a showstopper:

My GS came in with the original basic firmware, the 1.1.0.005a from July 2011. And everything was working fine with my Ipad2 OPlayer app. I connect to the GS data through the OPlayer browser.

But then I decided to update my GS with the latest firmware, the 1.3.5.015 from March this year (which allegedly allows for more battery life, passthrough internet wifi connection etc etc the dog´s bollocks)... and then now after firmware update and for some reason I can not see the complete titles of my movies, only the first few letters. Since most of my movies are named with a the year they were made of first I only see a bunch of "200....." etc or the first few letters of the movie title which makes impossible for me to identtify those movies among hundreds of them in my list....

I have tried looking for settings that allow me to view the complete movie title to no avail. Please help! II am not even sure I can revert to the original firmware anymore!

Can you do a snapshot, so we can see the issue clearly?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Viajero » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm

admin wrote:

Ok. First a screenshot with the original firmware 1.1.0.005a:

And here with the latest 1.3.5.015:

With the new firmware the option to have an icon view and a list view is not available anymore. The new firmware apparently only allows for icons within the Folder view. As you can see the original firmware fonts for the video files is enough (barely though) to see them and identify them properly. The new firmware fonts make it impossible to differentiate after the first 4 or 5 characters !!!! Ant way to resolve this, short of editing all my movie names one by one (and still... 4 or 5 letters may not be enough)?

BTW if you use the own goflex media browser there is no problem, oyu can see the whole name in both firmware versions... but obviously i can not play .avi with it.
Viajero
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 am

Viajero wrote:
admin wrote:

Ok. First a screenshot with the original firmware 1.1.0.005a:

And here with the latest 1.3.5.015:

With the new firmware the option to have an icon view and a list view is not available anymore. The new firmware apparently only allows for icons within the Folder view. As you can see the original firmware fonts for the video files is enough (barely though) to see them and identify them properly. The new firmware fonts make it impossible to differentiate after the first 4 or 5 characters !!!! Ant way to resolve this, short of editing all my movie names one by one (and still... 4 or 5 letters may not be enough)?

BTW if you use the own goflex media browser there is no problem, oyu can see the whole name in both firmware versions... but obviously i can not play .avi with it.

Have you tried it in safari? will it be the same as in OPlayer?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby waltervs » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 am

I have managed to connect my iPad to my GS, using the methods outlined by a couple of people above - so thank you for that.

A couple of questions:

1. Is there yet a solution to the filename issue outlined above?
2. Is there any way to set things up, perhaps using the server tab, so that the app always looks to the GS first for content?
waltervs
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Viajero » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:48 pm

I have installed the Oplayer App on my Iphone 4s, but when trying to connect to the GoFlex my iphone seems to open the default browser and connects direct to my goflex without having a chance to use the browser in OPlayer.

Most of my movies in the GoFlex are not mp4. They are Avi in its majority so I was hoping I could use OPlayer in my iPhone 4s in the same way I can use it in my iPad to watch all my non mp4 movies. Alas the iPhone seems to be openning the GoFlex film list automatically. If I try to open OPlayer the WiFi connection to the GoFlex is autmatically lost.

Anyone here has managed to stream non mp4 movies with the GoFlex through the use of OPlayer in the iPhone?

Any idea why the iPhone behaves differently in this regard than iPads? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

In further review of my problem I think the issue is somehow with the WiFi connection or its settings in my iPhone 4s. Whenever I connect to my GoFlex, the WiFi lock does not last more than a few seconds. My iPhone defaults back to any other WiFi network in the area or to 3G and disconnects altogether form the GoFlex WiFi.

Furthermore I get at the same time this "Log In" pop up every time that happens. That log in screen is the one I mistook for Safari. The strange thing is that while I can see Ive lost WiFi connection that "Log in" screen still allows me to see the GoFlex directories.

I can not play any of the movies though. Every time I try I get a "movie could not be downloaded" error message. Any of the other non mp4 players I have like OPlayer wont even detect the GoFlex directories since WiFi has been lost.

So strange. Any ideas?
Viajero
Beignner
Beignner

Postby Patman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Oplayer app does not see the goflexsatlitesatellite.com page even though Safarie does. Glad I only paid $5 for what apprently is a useless app and just a $5 ripoff
Patman
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 am

Patman wrote:Oplayer app does not see the goflexsatlitesatellite.com page even though Safarie does. Glad I only paid $5 for what apprently is a useless app and just a $5 ripoff

use OPlayer's build-in web browser?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]