Play vidoes from Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Play vidoes from Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive

Postby stressbuster » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:15 pm

I just purchased a Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive and have been trying to play video files from the device to my iPad using OPlayer HD. Sandisk includes a built-in media player but I don't like because all my movies have the 1st audio track as DD5.1 and the 2nd as AAC stereo. I can play the movies fine from a regular SMB server device. The Sandisk does not show up on the Auto Discovery and when I use the Open Url option it looks like it's starting to play a video (then quits) instead of showing a directory listing. Any ideas on how to get this to work? Thanks. Also if I can't get this to work do you have a recommendation of any other small device (like a travel router with USB port) that I could load up with movies and stream to my ipad using OPlayer HD. I tried this http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/portable-routers/dir-505-shareport-mobile-companion one and it couldn't get it to work reliably. I have also tried my full size Netgear WNDR4000 router and USB thumb drive and it worked just fine as a SMB server for Oplayer HD. But I really want something small to use when I travel. Thanks again.

Jay
stressbuster
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Play vidoes from Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive

Postby stressbuster » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Sorry to reply to mine own post, but I was looking around the forums again and realized that I had forgot all about the built-in browser. After a brief test It appears that I can use the built-in browser to play my videos from the Sandisk Connect. Thanks.

Jay
stressbuster
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Play vidoes from Sandisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive

Postby TheQueb » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:02 pm

How did you get this to work? I tried the ip address for the sandisk connect but it never would connect and show me any content.

Thanks in advance
TheQueb
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]