Problems with FTP since last update

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Problems with FTP since last update

Postby Zafferg » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 am

Hello - new forum user here.

Been using oplayer for years as have found it works best with my own FTP server where I keep all my audiobooks - allowing me to listen to them from anywhere in the world on all my IOS devices.

However since the last update or two (I'm not sure exactly when) I've found the FTP to be very buggy.
Frequently getting disconnects and connection timeouts.
The progress bar does not seem to progress throughout the track as it used to. (but if you use FTP to download completely first - it works?
I'm sometimes getting "more data needed- Pause please" message on Oplayer a few minutes into a track
- I Use Filezilla server on my own server. - a few days ago I did catch oplayer sending it corrupted commands that were being unrecognised but after a server reboot I've not seen any more, just the timeouts.

I don't mind sending my FTP server logs for analysis (if I can find them) and will redact the sensitive data as best I can but not too keen on posting them publicly.

Is this a known issue? - Love the app and miss the functionality.

Also anyone notice audio clipping while the screen is locked since the last few updates as well?

Edit = should have said I'm using the paid for versions of Oplayer and Oplayer HD on my Iphone5s and Ipad Air - latest Ios installed

Cheers
Zafferg
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Problems with FTP since last update

Postby admin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:19 am

have you tried to enlarge cache size in the settings page of oplayer?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Zafferg » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:18 am

Yes it was originally at 2mb and I've tried it all the way up to 100mb

The files i'm playing are all under 15mb so I'd settled at 40mb for cash size but get the same problems no matter which I choose.
Zafferg
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:05 am

Zafferg wrote:Yes it was originally at 2mb and I've tried it all the way up to 100mb

The files i'm playing are all under 15mb so I'd settled at 40mb for cash size but get the same problems no matter which I choose.

CAN'T reproduce it here, if your ftp can be put into public ip,we can help to test from here, if possible pm us the ftp information.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]