Video streaming loses audio after a few minutes

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Video streaming loses audio after a few minutes

Postby sc12345 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi,

I use VLC to stream a video clip and use OPlayer Lite to watch it on my iPhone5. The resolution of the video stream is set to 480 x 320. I also have the following settings on OPlayer:
Cache Size: 20 MB
Dual-core Decoding: enabled
Skip Loop Filter: enabled
Skip Frame: enabled

The video plays fine at first, but after a while the audio will be gone while the video is still playing. I searched the forum and found that most of the similar problems reported got the answer as "not having enough CPU power to do video decoding". I am wondering if this is the case for me as well? How much CPU power does it need to play a video stream with such low resolution?

Thanks for your help!
sc12345
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Video streaming loses audio after a few minutes

Postby admin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:32 am

sc12345 wrote:Hi,

I use VLC to stream a video clip and use OPlayer Lite to watch it on my iPhone5. The resolution of the video stream is set to 480 x 320. I also have the following settings on OPlayer:
Cache Size: 20 MB
Dual-core Decoding: enabled
Skip Loop Filter: enabled
Skip Frame: enabled

The video plays fine at first, but after a while the audio will be gone while the video is still playing. I searched the forum and found that most of the similar problems reported got the answer as "not having enough CPU power to do video decoding". I am wondering if this is the case for me as well? How much CPU power does it need to play a video stream with such low resolution?

Thanks for your help!

no, iPhone5 has enough CPU power for 320p movies, try to enable ffmpeg plugin for this.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]