Selecting searchfolders for medieview

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

Selecting searchfolders for medieview

Postby Morten_DK » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi,

I use my Seagate when I travel with my kids. They can watch movies in the car or at the hotel.

This time I also made a back up of my photo and documents folders from my Synology at home. So when I go to media view, it seems to search the intire HD and listing all videos in the media view (1075 items), allthough I only want it to search in the "Video" folder for the videos to watch on the go.

Is there somehow I can make it search in that folder only? And not list ALL of my content that are videos?

Some of my videos are ripped DVD's which are still in VOB's and I cant play them via FTP or SAMBA because it just opens the folder. So I need them to get listed in the media view aswell.

Help?

/M
Morten_DK
Beignner
Beignner

Re: Selecting searchfolders for medieview

Postby admin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:29 am

Morten_DK wrote:Hi,

I use my Seagate when I travel with my kids. They can watch movies in the car or at the hotel.

This time I also made a back up of my photo and documents folders from my Synology at home. So when I go to media view, it seems to search the intire HD and listing all videos in the media view (1075 items), allthough I only want it to search in the "Video" folder for the videos to watch on the go.

Is there somehow I can make it search in that folder only? And not list ALL of my content that are videos?

Some of my videos are ripped DVD's which are still in VOB's and I cant play them via FTP or SAMBA because it just opens the folder. So I need them to get listed in the media view aswell.

Help?

/M

can't catch you well, ftp/samba just shows the folder view structure as your server provided.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Morten_DK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 pm

The DVD's I ripped, is located in foldes by "moviename (year)" and inside that folder is the "Video_TS" and the "Audio_TS" folders containing the .VOB files from the rip.
If I go to the Video_TS folder using FTP or SAMBA, it just opens and I get to see all the .VOB files - but it doesnt let me play the movie. Or at least, I have to know which file to start first.

I would like those movies to be shown in the media view aswell - along my mp4 and AVI files - so I only need to push the picture/title in the medieview to make it play.

But my main "concern" is how I can make the Seagate to only look into a (one) specific folder when making the mediaview.... I dont need all my old homevideo from my photo backup to show up aswell.

Btw. the photos and documents I backed up from my Synology, is not located in the "video" or "photo" folder, but in new folders in the root of the Seagate.

Hope this explains my question :-)

/Morten
Morten_DK
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 am

I know, it is defined by protocol, if your device support UPnP, you can try our another app airplayer, it will gather all media files together.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Morten_DK » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:58 pm

I use a Seagate PLUS which I connnect ti via my browser bevares it makes it's own wifi network. I dont know if it uses UPnP.

Just to make it all clear to me: it is not possible to make the mediaview in Oplayer HD only Search in a specific folder? And limit the search to that folder alone? It will always search the intire HD and all of it's folders and list video files in the mediaview?

Second: does Oplayer support .VOB files? Can it play a ripped dvd from the folder I placed the .vob files in?

I would like to try your Airplayer, but I dont want to spend money on it just to try - but if it works better, I will gladly pay. Is there not a trial version?

Thanks
Morten_DK
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:50 am

Morten_DK wrote:I use a Seagate PLUS which I connnect ti via my browser bevares it makes it's own wifi network. I dont know if it uses UPnP.

Just to make it all clear to me: it is not possible to make the mediaview in Oplayer HD only Search in a specific folder? And limit the search to that folder alone? It will always search the intire HD and all of it's folders and list video files in the mediaview?

Second: does Oplayer support .VOB files? Can it play a ripped dvd from the folder I placed the .vob files in?

I would like to try your Airplayer, but I dont want to spend money on it just to try - but if it works better, I will gladly pay. Is there not a trial version?

Thanks

OPlayer should plays VOB files well.

No trial version now, only oplayer has lite version currently.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]