forgot password

Keep your information away from prying eyes or kids who may accidentally modify or delete your files.

Re: forgot password

Postby admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 am

juan wrote:this option really works , i copy the files after i cleaned the application and that is it, i dont know if i did something wrong but it worked.

the steps are these ones http://appleheadlines.com/2011/08/02/th ... os-x-lion/


Thanks for sharing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: forgot password

Postby 343 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:54 pm

hi everyone!

as has happened to others i forgot my password too and thanks to this post i was able to reset it!

THE PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER CHANGING IT, FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, THE FILES I HAD MADE INVISIBLE PREVIOUSLY DISAPPEARED!! :o

HOW CAN I FIND THEM???? :?:

THANK YOU! :roll:
343
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: forgot password

Postby admin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:06 am

343 wrote:hi everyone!

as has happened to others i forgot my password too and thanks to this post i was able to reset it!

THE PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER CHANGING IT, FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, THE FILES I HAD MADE INVISIBLE PREVIOUSLY DISAPPEARED!! :o

HOW CAN I FIND THEM???? :?:

THANK YOU! :roll:

example: you have hidden file under /Users/test/test.avi, use terminal app under application folder
1)cd /Users/test/
2)mv .test.avi test.avi
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: forgot password

Postby 343 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 pm

admin wrote:
343 wrote:hi everyone!

as has happened to others i forgot my password too and thanks to this post i was able to reset it!

THE PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER CHANGING IT, FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, THE FILES I HAD MADE INVISIBLE PREVIOUSLY DISAPPEARED!! :o

HOW CAN I FIND THEM???? :?:

THANK YOU! :roll:

example: you have hidden file under /Users/test/test.avi, use terminal app under application folder
1)cd /Users/test/
2)mv .test.avi test.avi


i think i understand what u r suggesting (maybe) but i dont remember in which folders the files are! isn't there something i can do to see them in the invisible file window back again?
343
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: forgot password

Postby admin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:33 am

343 wrote:
admin wrote:
343 wrote:hi everyone!

as has happened to others i forgot my password too and thanks to this post i was able to reset it!

THE PROBLEM IS THAT AFTER CHANGING IT, FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, THE FILES I HAD MADE INVISIBLE PREVIOUSLY DISAPPEARED!! :o

HOW CAN I FIND THEM???? :?:

THANK YOU! :roll:

example: you have hidden file under /Users/test/test.avi, use terminal app under application folder
1)cd /Users/test/
2)mv .test.avi test.avi


i think i understand what u r suggesting (maybe) but i dont remember in which folders the files are! isn't there something i can do to see them in the invisible file window back again?


if you don't remember the path and have re-installed it, you can't make it visible, as the list file already be deleted.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: forgot password

Postby vgreddy448 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 am

hai,
i really tried this but its not working for me .it says that there are no files
vgreddy448
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 am

Re: forgot password

Postby vgreddy448 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 am

Last login: Thu Dec 20 21:43:53 on ttys000
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$ cd /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application Support/InvisibleFile/
-bash: cd: /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application: No such file or directory
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$ cd /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application Support/InvisibleFile
-bash: cd: /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application: No such file or directory
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$ cd /Users/Gouthams MacBook Pro/Library/Application Support/InvisibleFile/
-bash: cd: /Users/Gouthams: No such file or directory
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$



this is what happend me
vgreddy448
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 am

Re: forgot password

Postby admin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:58 am

shou;d
vgreddy448 wrote:Last login: Thu Dec 20 21:43:53 on ttys000
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$ cd /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application Support/InvisibleFile/
-bash: cd: /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application: No such file or directory
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$ cd /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application Support/InvisibleFile
-bash: cd: /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application: No such file or directory
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$ cd /Users/Gouthams MacBook Pro/Library/Application Support/InvisibleFile/
-bash: cd: /Users/Gouthams: No such file or directory
Gouthams-MacBook-Pro:~ gouthamreddy$



this is what happend me

should be cd /Users/Gouthams-MacBook-Pro/Library/Application\ Support/InvisibleFile
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: forgot password

Postby hannag3 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:16 am

I can't seem to make it work. I opened the terminal and this is what it looks like. Please, dear goodness. Help me.

macbook:~ admin$ cd /Users/Hanna/Library/Application/Support/InvisibleFile
-bash: cd: /Users/Hanna/Library/Application/Support/InvisibleFile: No such file or directory
hannag3
Beignner
Beignner
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:11 am

Re: forgot password

Postby admin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 am

hannag3 wrote:I can't seem to make it work. I opened the terminal and this is what it looks like. Please, dear goodness. Help me.

macbook:~ admin$ cd /Users/Hanna/Library/Application/Support/InvisibleFile
-bash: cd: /Users/Hanna/Library/Application/Support/InvisibleFile: No such file or directory


should be cd /Users/Hanna/Library/Application\ Support/InvisibleFile
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Previous

Return to InvisibleFile for MAC OS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest